The most talked and popular places of interest for adventurous travelers at present are located in Mirsarai and Sitakunda areas of Chittagong. Full of mountains, sea and natural springs in this area, Jhar Jhari Waterfalls (ঝরঝরি ঝর্ণা) is a brand new attraction. To the local adivasis it is also known as Murti Jharna.
The paths to the mountain springs are a different kind of adventure for the adventurous. Which, in a word, is a fascinating hiking trail. In the rainy season, tourists rush to the edge of this wild spring to get the essence of that form. Where leeches and slippery rocky pathways bring a different kind of vibration.
The first waterfall to be seen after walking for about an hour along the trail is Jharjhari Jharna. If you go further up on the left side, you will see some very nice khum and cascade. It is very difficult to go to the top of the spring so it is best to go at the end of the rainy season.
How to go to JHARJHARI ?
From Dhaka to Chittagong by bus or train to Sitakunda panthishila. From there you will cross the railway line of Hajipara village and go ahead with Kanichhara.
You have to go to Chittagong by bus / train / air from Dhaka first. From there to Sitakunda. From Sitakunda by bus or Laguna it will take 10 minutes to reach Panthishila Bazar.
After going some distance from Panthichila, you will get the railway line. Get on the railway line and walk 5-7 minutes along the left hand side and you will find a dirt road. After about 20 minutes along that road you will see Jhiri Path. After a while you have to climb the mountain. The way up the hill is a bit like the god hill. This path is a little scary. After 30 minutes of walking you will get the first fountain and after 20 minutes you will get the second fountain. Which looks like a staircase. To get to this road, you have to cross a slippery rocky path full of leeches and snakes.
Then, after walking for about an hour and a half through the wild impassable dark path, you will come across a statue in the shape of a human being, which is located under the water of the fountain. You have to go up through the water of the fountain and you will see the biggest fountain on this trail.
It will take 5.30-6 hours to complete the trail. If you go on a neat trail, buy food from the market and order lunch.
It is better to have a guide in this direction. Go to the market and take a local person as a guide. You can go without a guide, but you can get lost a lot of the time so precaution is good . Guide charges depend on your pleasure. It will also have the facility to change clothes including keeping bags in his house.
– Personal grievances
Where to stay
There are various quality hotels in Chittagong. Below are the names and addresses of some budget hotels. These are all standard but low budget hotels.
- Hotel Paramount, Station Road, Chittagong: Just opposite the new train station. In our opinion this is the best hotel on a budget. Nice location, wide corridor (not even a five star hotel with such a large corridor). The rooms are good too. Rent for non-AC single 800 taka, double 1300 taka, AC 1400 taka and 1800 taka. For booking: 031-2856771, 0171-3248754
- Hotel Asian SR, Station Road, Chittagong: This is also a very beautiful hotel. Tidy, clean hotel. Rent: Non AC: Tk.1000, Non AC Single. AC: 1725 taka. For booking – 01711-889555
- Hotel Safina, Enayet Bazar, Chittagong: A medium quality hotel with a family atmosphere. There is a beautiful restaurant on the roof. If you sit there at night, you will not want to come. Rent: Starting from 700 taka. AC 1300 taka. For booking -031-0614004
- Hotel Naba Inn, Road 5, Plot-60, OR Nizam Road, Chittagong. A little high rented hotel. However, it is ideal for those who want to stay in the Nasirabad / O and Nizam Road area. Rent: 2500/3000 taka. For booking – 01755564382
- Hotel Landmark, 3072 Sheikh Mujib Road, Agrabad, Chittagong: Good hotel to stay in Agrabad. Rent – 2300/3400 taka. For booking: 0182-0141995, 01731-886997
If you have more information or any correction in this information please comment here.